Infused with classic Mediterranean flavours of garlic, lemon, oregano and paprika, this one pan dish makes a fabulous midweek dinner. The sauce is the star of this dish which you can use chicken drums or thighs, or lamb chops, or even slices of eggplant in.
Baked lemon and garlic chicken
- Chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 150 g brussel sprouts, bottom sliced off so they sit flat
- 2 lemons, juiced, then sliced into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp runny honey or 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- Combine the chicken and marinade ingredients in a Ziplock bag or bowl and set aside to marinate while the oven heats up. Preheat oven to 220ºC/fan 200ºC/gas mark 7. Boil the potatoes until just tender, drain.
- Pour the chicken and marinade into a baking dish, then add the chicken stock, potatoes, brussel sprouts, lemon wedges and onion. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, turn chicken and sprinkle with paprika and salt and pepper. Bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until potatoes and chicken are cooked.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before dividing between plates and sprinkling with chopped fresh parsley.
Swap the brussel sprouts for cherry tomatoes, or carrot pieces.