These nachos are such a refreshing variation on the traditional mince & beans version. Using juicy frozen corn, pre-cooked chicken and a jar of tomato salsa they take just 15 mins to create – you can vary your toppings depending on what’s in season/ what you like.
Chicken and veg nachos
- 200 g Mccain Oh My Veg Sweetcorn Mexican Street Corn found in the freezer aisle – with the mixed veg
- 300 g pre-cooked chicken shredded / roasted from the deli aisle
- 175 g corn chips we used Tostitos lightly salted (get two bags if big appetites)
- 200 g grated cheese
- 300 g jar of salsa chose your preferred heat level
Any or all of the following toppings
- Sour cream
- Spring onions finely chopped including the greens
- Avocado diced
- Coriander roughly chopped
- Jalapenos sliced (we used a jar of sliced jalapenos found in our supermarket by the pickles)
- Microwave the corn according to packet directions, then add to a large bowl with half the salsa and the shredded chicken. Mix well to combine.
- Lay the corn chips on a lined baking tray, and sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Spoon the corn and chicken mixture over the corn chips, then add the jalapenos if using, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Grill on the top shelf of your oven for 5-10 mins until the cheese has melted and the corn chips just starting to colour.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining salsa, and avocados, several dollops of sour cream and extra jalapenos for those who love them.