Quickly marinating the chicken in a store brought vinaigrette/ French dressing keeps them beautiful and moist. They’re served with a fresh tasting chickpea and edamame salad mixed with creamy avocado.
Grilled chicken tenders with chickpea and edamame salad
- French dressing
- 600 g chicken tenders approx. 12 tenders
- 1 400g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups frozen minted peas defrosted
- 1 ½ cups frozen edamame beans defrosted
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 avocado peeled & diced
- fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Add the chicken tenders to a medium bowl and pour in about 1/4 a cup of French dressing – toss the tenders to coat, cover, and put in the fridge to marinate at least 15 mins. Mix them occasionally to ensure they are marinating evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the chickpeas, edamame beans, peas and red onion. Mix through 2 tablespoons of French dressing and set aside.
- Once the tenders have marinated, cook them either in a heavy bottomed pan, or under the grill for approx. 5 mins per side, until cooked.
- Mix the avocado through the salad and pile onto plates. Top with chicken tenders and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Double the chickpeas if you have hungry mouths to feed. Protein Swap: You could serve this salad with grilled fish/salmon, a steak or simply toss some feta through to make it meat free.