Quickly marinating the chicken in a store brought vinaigrette/ French dressing keeps them beautiful and moist. They’re served with a fresh chickpea and edamame salad mixed with creamy avocado.
Grilled chicken tenders with chickpea and edamame salad
- French dressing
- 600 g chicken tenders approx. 12 tenders
- 1 400 g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas defrosted
- 1 ½ cups frozen edamame beans defrosted
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 avocado peeled & diced
- fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Add the chicken tenders to a medium bowl and pour in about 1/4 a cup of French dressing – toss the tenders to coat, cover, and put in the fridge to marinate at least 15 mins. Mix them occasionally to ensure they all are marinating.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the chickpeas, edamame beans, peas and red onion. Mix through 2 tablespoons of French dressing and set aside.
- Once the tenders have marinated, cook them either in a heavy bottomed pan, or under the grill approx. 5 mins per side, until cooked.
- Mix the avocado through the salad and pile onto plates. Top with chicken tenders and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
You could serve this salad with salmon, a steak or simple toss some feta through to make it meat free.