For this dish we’re turning Lamb Mint & Pea sausages into meatballs, simmering them in a tomato sauce then serving over a simple feta mash. If you can’t get these sausages you can use any lamb ones and add fresh mint and minted peas, or use lamb mince, mint and minted peas and form your own meatballs.
Lamb, pea and mint meatballs with feta mash
- 1 packet of Beehive Flexitarain Sausages Lamb Mint & Pea
- 1 jar of your favourite tomato pasta sauce
- 800 g mashing potatoes, chopped into chunks
- milk or oil for mashing
- 100 g feta
- Fresh mint, chopped roughly
- In a large pot of salted water bring the potatoes to the boil, then cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut open the sausage casing and roll the filling into little meatballs. Brown them in a hot pan, then pour over the jar of tomato sauce. Put a lid on and simmer 15 mins.
- When the potatoes are tender drain and let steam dry. Mash with your choice of milk or oil, then crumble in the feta and mix well to combine.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over the mash, top with chopped fresh mint.
This recipe works with any beef or lamb sausages.
Use a mix of 50/50 potatoes and cauliflower for a lighter mash. To get more veg in you could grate carrot or add spinach to the tomato sauce while simmering.