This simple chicken dish is complemented by a zingy bean salad. You can use chicken thighs, breasts or tenders here.
Zesty chicken with warm bean salad
- Chicken tenders/ breasts or thighs to suit your appetite & preferences
- 2 tbsp Garlic Infused olive oil (or use crushed garlic and plain olive oil)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Warm Bean Salad
- 250 g Green beans, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 2 Spring onions, finely sliced including the green parts
- 400 g Tin of butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Runny honey
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mint - chopped
- Lemon Wedges
- Mint -chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas mark 6. Mix the garlic olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest together and coat chicken with marinade for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the green beans. Cook for 5-6 minutes, drain and leave to cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in the spring onions and drained butterbeans.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and roast for 20-30 minutes. You can also BBQ the chicken, or we sometimes use our George Forman grill press for this dish too. Just cook the chicken any way that suits!
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, mint, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with black pepper and stir into the beans.
- Serve the bean salad piled on a plate, with the chicken on top and garnish with a wedge of lemon and mint leaves.
If you don’t fancy chicken this salad goes really well with lamb, or sausages, canned tuna, or feta for a meat free version.Baby spinach tossed through the salad works well, or add a side of tenderstem or normal broccoli to up your veg if desired. Mash the butter beans with a little olive oil if you think your family may prefer that, and serve the green beans on the side.
This bean salad is great the next day for a packed lunch – add some tuna, left over chicken or feta.